For 2018, the Multistrada gets an upgrade with the new Ducati Testastretta DVT (Desmodromic Variable Timing) 1262 cu cm engine, new chassis, more advanced electronics, and an aesthetic update that includes new fairing panels and lighter, sportier looking wheels. With its four souls, many new features and Riding Modes, the Multistrada 1260 brings a whole new level of performance, ease of riding, comfort and fun.
The 1262 cc Ducati Testastretta DVT engine is Euro 4 approved and is claimed to give ample low-to-mid range torque for even better rideability in everyday use. With 85% of the torque available at 3,500 rpm, delivery at 5,500 rpm is 18% higher compared to the predecessor model. This means the Multistrada 1260 offers the highest torque output in its class at 4,000 rpm, i.e. in the most frequently used rpm range.
You May Like – Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro Review : Exotic Explorer
Check out the new 2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260 in the video below
In addition to the silencer and nose fairing, fitted as standard, a carbon fibre Ducati Performance silencer by Termignoni (EU type-approved) and a low racing-type carbon fibre screen are also available for the Pikes Peak version. Further carbon fibre components include the front mudguard, hands free cover and front side panels, while the red-stitched seat has been specially designed to bring out this Multistrada’s racing spirit.
The Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak is equipped as standard with the Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), developed by Bosch, which dynamically measures pitch and roll angles and acceleration along the 3 axes, raising performance and safety standards even further. Equipped with Cornering ABS, Cornering Lights (DCL) on the full-LED headlight, Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC), Ducati Traction Control (DTC), Vehicle Hold Control (VHC) and Cruise Control, the Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak is a concentrate of technology that also features, as standard, a Bluetooth module; the latter, via the Ducati Multimedia System (DMS), lets riders connect the bike to a smartphone and manage key multimedia functions (incoming calls, text messaging, music) via the switchgears and display information on the TFT dashboard, which has been renewed both in terms of graphics and logic.
Like other bikes in the family, the Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak can mount one or more Ducati Performance accessory packages. Also available – in addition to individual items – are the Touring Pack (which includes heated grips, panniers and centre stand), the Urban Pack (with top case, tank bag with tank lock and USB hub to charge electronic devices), the Enduro Pack (consisting of supplementary LED lights and Ducati Performance components by Touratech: engine crash bars, radiator crash bars, sump guard, a broader kickstand base and off-road footpegs).New 2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Full Tech Specs – Click To Expand
Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak
- Pikes Peak livery, Ducati red chassis and black wheel rims
- New 1260 cc Ducati Testastretta DVT engine
- Adjustable Öhlins fork and adjustable TTX36 shock
- Ducati Performance exhaust by Termignoni
- Carbon fibre screen (in addition to the standard one)
- Aluminium forged wheels
- Carbon fibre front mudguard
- Carbon fibre hands free cover
- Carbon fibre front side panels
- Red seat stitching
- Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) by Bosch
- Bosch-Brembo ABS 9.1ME Cornering braking system
- 330 mm front discs with Brembo M50 4-piston radial calipers
- Electronic cruise control
- Ducati Multimedia System (DMS)
- Riding Modes
- Ride-by-Wire Power Modes (PM)
- Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC)
- Ducati Traction Control (DTC)
- Vehicle Hold Control (VHC)
- Height-adjustable rider’s seat
- Full LED headlight with Ducati Cornering Lights (DCL)
- Dashboard with full-TFT 5” colour screen