1. World AIDS Day:World AIDS Day, designated on 1 December every year since 1988, is dedicated to raising awareness of the AIDS pandemiccaused by the spread of HIV infection, and mourning those who have died of the disease.
World AIDS Day is one of the eight official global public health campaigns marked by the World Health Organization (WHO),
2. 1 December 1959 - 12 Countries Signed Antarctica Treaty:Twelve countries signed the Antarctic Treaty, the first arms control agreement established during the Cold War, banning military activity in the Antarctic and setting the continent aside as a scientific preserve.
3. 1 December 1973 - PNG Gained Self Governance:The island nation 'Papua New Guinea' gains self-governance from Australian government.
4. 1 December 1974 - TWA flight 514 crashed:TWA Flight 514, Boeing 727, crashes northwest of Dulles International Airport, killing all 92 people on board.
5. 1 December 1974 - Northwest Airlines Flight 6231 Crashed:Northwest Airlines Flight 6231, another Boeing 727, crashes northwest of John F. Kennedy International Airport.
6. December 1981 - Inex-Adria Flight 1308 Crashed:Inex-Adria Aviopromet Flight 1308, a McDonnell Douglas MD-80, crashes in Corsica, killing all 180 people on board.
7. 1 December 1990 - Tunnel Bulit Between UK & France:Underground Channel Tunnel sections started from the United Kingdom and France meet 40 metres beneath the seabed.Image Copyright: Google Images