2017 was an impressive year for Facebook as it saw people from around the world join together and connect on the world’s largest social media platform. In India, Facebook 2017 witnessed conversation and trends from a wide array of topics.
These were the top ten things that inspired conversation and trends in India in Facebook 2017.
1. Bahubali- The Conclusion: The Indian epic fantasy action film, that broke several records for Indian films.
2. Jallikattu: A traditional bull-taming sport played in Tamil Nadu as part of the Pongal harvest festival
3. India vs Pakistan Final, ICC Champions Trophy 2017: The cricketing world awaits the high-voltage encounters of India and Pakistan, the ICC Champions Trophy finals was no different. The match drove conversations on key moments from the match and on the results
4. Superfast/Mail Trains in India: With few key announcements from the railway ministry in 2017, there was a lot of conversations around passenger experience in India
5. Vinod Khanna’s demise: Vinod Khanna was an Indian actor and producer of Bollywood films who passed away on 27th April 2017. There were a lot of eulogies and conversations around his life on Facebook
6. Chester Bennington’s demise: The lead singer of Linkin Park passed away unexpectedly on July 20th, 2017, generating more than 8 million posts that day and an outpouring of support from fans around the world.
7. Lava Kusa : Lava Kusa an Indian Telugu-language action-drama film released in 2017, generated a lot of interest and conversations from fans
8. Yogi Adityanath: Yogi Adityanath was appointed as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh this year
9. Miss World in India: Manushi Chillar became the sixth Indian to win the coveted crown bringing an end to India’s dry spell of 17 years at the top pageant contest
10. Gorakhpur tragedy: A large number of child deaths occurred at a hospital in Gorakhpur city of Uttar Pradesh
This information combines the top single-day moments throughout the year with the top ways the Facebook community used the platform to come together around these moments.
In addition to this , Facebook is celebrating the Year In Review for all their users. Starting on December 6th, Facebook users may see a personalized Year in Review video in their News Feed.
This video surfaces special moments from Facebook 2017 that users shared or have been tagged in, and compiles them in a short video that can be edited and shared.
Facebook 2017 Worldwide
First, people came together to react and talk about important moments and events that happened around the world. The top three moments that people discussed globally on Facebook 2017 were,
International Women’s Day: This was the #1 most talked about moment in 2017, doubling from last year, with people around the world talking, sharing and posting in celebration of women and related issues.
Super Bowl 51: Fans around the world turned to their News Feeds to cheer for their favorite teams, celebrate with Lady Gaga and debate the top TV ads, with more than 262 million views of Super Bowl-related videos on the platform.
Las Vegas Violence: This tragic incident drove conversation from around the world, which in turn motivated more than 3,300 people to offer Community Help through Crisis Response on Facebook.
Second, people came together to support one another in times of crisis. 2017 was a difficult year for natural disasters and violence around the world, but it was inspiring to see people help each other when they needed it most. The top three moments where we saw people come to each other’s aid were:
Earthquake in Mexico: The response to this crisis in late September drove the highest number of total interactions within Crisis Response on Facebook of the year, with millions of people marking themselves safe, offering help to their community or donating to the cause.
Hurricane Harvey: In late August, the community rallied to help those in need by raising more than $20 million, in the biggest fundraising effort for a single crisis in 2017 on Facebook.
One Love Manchester: The most viewed video and live broadcast on Facebook in 2017, this benefit concert generated over 80 million views and raised more than $450,000 for those affected by the Manchester terror attack.
Finally, people used Facebook to get together in person. The top two ways people connected through these offline moments by creating Events on Facebook were:
Total Solar Eclipse: This celestial moment in August brought the world together through more than 20,000 Facebook Events in more than 80 countries.
Women’s March on DC: On January 21st, The Women’s March on DC brought over 500,000 people together on and offline as the largest Facebook event for a single cause in 2017.
These were some of the biggest trends, topics, and events on Facebook 2017, and they helped bring the Facebook community closer together.