Keep the romance going without spending a dimeAll Woman Thursday, December 07, 2017 , By Miss Kes
Keeping a relationship out of the doldrums can be a costly affair, and you have to be financially savvy to keep your mate interested, as well as maintain stability in your other financial obligations.
But making time for your guy or gal doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg, in fact, with a bit of tweaking here and there you might even be able to give your partner great experiences without spending much.
Here are some great ideas for dating on a budget.
1. Go for walks. A walk is invigorating and a great way to bond. You and your mate will be dating and exercising at the same time.
2. A day at the beach. If you go to a public beach, you won't spend anything if you bring your lunch or dinner along.
3. Netflix and chill. Nothing is more romantic and cost-effective than to spend a night cuddled up and watching a great movie. It might not be the same as going to the cinema, but you can create your own cinema vibe with surround sound speakers.
4. Indoor picnic. Set the scene in your backyard or even on a blanket in your living room. Fruit, sandwiches, wine and music are all you need.
5. Visit a museum. This is a great way to infuse a bit of history into your life.
6. Go on a hike. Stretch those muscles with your loved one, and work up a sweat while you enjoy nature.
7. Have a games night. Pop out that Taboo, Scrabble or Monopoly and beat your guy at a game. Better yet is a game of Twister, that will lead you straight down a romantic path.
8. Romantic indoor dinner. This is a creative way to stay on a budget. If you are a great cook, you can create a meal that's comparable to a restaurant and serve it up with love.
9. Mini road trip. There is something special about driving beside someone you desire or admire – it opens up the door for connection and intimacy.