Reasons 6 to 10 of 100 reasons people decide not to have children (in this day and age)
Mortal Life Modes 2016-09-09 13:46:00
Reason 6 to 10 of 100 reasons why people decide not to have children:
6. Having a child can damage your body/health: - For instance, a woman's breasts (due to sagging) and skin (due to stretch marks), will never be the same again, unless of course you are of the lucky few who escape this reality completely due to good genetics and/or minimal weight gain et cetera. Pregnancy can also place enormous strain on your organs, such as your heart, which could result in many complications during your pregnancy or later in life. One such disorder (of the heart) that pregnancy can cause, is Peripartum Cardiomyopathy. To find out more about this syndrome, just make use of Google search, since the internet has a wealth of information regarding it.
7. Losing a child to death will scar a parent forever: - Many have said that one of the worst trauma's one can face in life, is the death of a child. I can vouch for this since I personally know many people who lost a child at some point in their lives, and this reality is as painful for them now, as it was the day the tragedy took place. Now my philosophy in life is, you cannot miss what you do not have/know, therefore the only way to ensure you can never suffer the loss of a child is to never have one in the first place.
8. No matter how good a parent you are, your child might grow up resenting you: - How often have we all heard people blaming their parents for most of their problems/issues in life? No matter how good we think we are at being parents, we cannot be perfect 100 percent of the time. Due to this we cannot be certain that even our smallest mistakes won't somehow have a lasting effect on our child. For example, say that due to an unforeseen meeting you were unable to attend your child's prize-giving at school. This might not seem like a big deal to you but your child might not see it that way. Junior might grow up despising all types of award ceremonies, blaming you for this fact, just because you did not attend one simple little prize-giving when he/she was a child. This might sound very unlikely to you but trust me when I say that people have an extraordinary tendency to blame others for the strangest things in life (especially their parents).
9. Your little darling child could grow up to be a criminal: - Nature and nurture are only a part of it. No matter how hard we try to raise our children the right way, there is no telling the adult he/she will become one day. Remember, even the worse serial killers of all time were once somebody's child.
10. Having a child means being prepared to deal with blood, puke, poo and pee: - Sorry for being so blunt but there is no other way of putting it. If you are the squeamish sort, then forget about being a parent (unless you are prepared to get over your aversions in some or other way). A good way to test yourself is to hang around or babysit, your friends babies. If after the first (poo) nappy change you don't feel like puking yourself, then kudos to you, you might just have what it takes to be a parent after all.
That's it for now. Remember to check back soon for the next set/list of reasons.
Take care and be safe