#Must Know Top 10 Cheapest Protein Foods in India (Veg & Non Veg)
Some protein sources are incomplete while others are incomplete. A protein source which has all the 9 essential amino acids viz. histidine,isoleucine,leucin, lysine, methoinine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan and valine is said to be complete. Most vegetarian sources are incomplete. Howevever, there is a way to make vegetarian sources complete which I have discussed in this video.
So, I have identified 10 cheap and best protein rich food sources and have ranked them solely on the basis of cost effectiveness. You will be surprised to know that there are a few protein rich foods from which you can get 25 grams of protein in just 10 rupees. How great is that?
Ten Cheapest Sources of Protein
- Tofu : Tofu 100g contain 8 grams protein
- Fish : Fish 100g contain 22 grams protein
- Paneer : Paneer 100g contain 18.3 grams protein
- Chicken Breast : Chicken breast 100g contains 31 grams protein
- Legumes : Legumes 100g contains 5g grams protein
- Milk : Milk breast 100g contains 3.4 grams protein
- Egg Whites : Egg White contains 11 grams protein
- Peanuts : Penauts 100 grams contains 26 grams protein
- Lentils : Lentils 100 grams contains 9 grams protein
- Whey Protein
- Soy Chunks : Soy Chunks 100 grams contains 54.2 grams protein