The father of a young man who died of caffeine toxicity speaks about his son’s final hours
Nigel Foote was strumming his guitar when his son Lachlan walked by and was stopped in his tracks by the beauty of the tune he was composing.
“That’s pretty, Dad,” the 21-year-old said, gently resting his hand on his shoulder.
It was the last conversation they would have, before Lachlan’s senseless and tragic death on the bathroom floor of the family’s Blackheath home several hours later.
“I can almost feel his hand on my shoulder now as I tell you the story,” Nigel told news.com.au.
The bright, sporty and musically gifted young man