How to change the password on your Chromebook, by changing your Google password or adding a PIN
If you want to set up a separate password for your Chromebook from your Google account, brace yourself - that isn't currently possible.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change your Chromebook password
If you want to change your Chromebook's password, you'll have to change the password for your Google account, since your password has to be the same for both.
However, there is a way around this, though it isn't perfect, and it requires you to set up a PIN for yourChromebook
Here's how to do it:
How to add a PIN to your Chromebook
1. Click the "Time" tab in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
2. Select the gear icon - this will prompt a window to open.
Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the box.
3. Click on "People" in the left sidebar of the window.4.
Select "Screen lock and sign-in."
Click "Screen lock and sign-in."
5. Enter your Google account password and click "Confirm."
Enter in your password.
6. Select "PIN or password" then click "Set up PIN."
Click "Set up PIN."
7. Enter your desired PIN, keep in mind that it must be at least six digits long.
You can now use your PIN to unlock your Chromebook from Sleep mode. But be aware that you may still have to enter your Google password once every 24 hours if you use the PIN to get into your Chromebook.
From the "Screen lock and sign-in" area of your settings, you can also turn off the password requirement by toggling off the "Show lock screen when waking from sleep" option. However, this is less secure, so be sure that you're comfortable with that before turning it off, and consider turning it back on if you plan on using your computer in public.
Get the latest Google stock price here.